Some of my best memories as a child are reading books with my mom. No matter how many times we read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, or Heckedy Peg, I still took delight in every page and illustration. So it is this time of year, when the youth literary awards are anounced, that I become not only nostalgic, but excited to see which titles will entertain children and parents for generations.
This year, the top honors go to:
- Caldecott: The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
- Newbery: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- Printz: Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Notable honored books include:
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Towards Justice by Phillip Hoose
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
A complete list of 2010 award winning youth titles can be found in Content Reserve.
*Please note that title availability may vary by geographical location.