For teachers, “Back to School” season presents opportunities to implement new ideas and techniques that set the tone for the new school year. OverDrive’s catalogue is filled with titles that can help you and your students have a successful and enjoyable new school year. And, even better, we’re offering many of our John Wiley & Sons resource titles at 30-percent off through the end of August. Check out these great selections from John Wiley & Sons:
Engaging Every Student
Every student is different, but there are ways to reach them all! Learn new ways to inspire reading in “The Book Whisperer,” and find ideas for helping students with ADHD in “The Energetic Brain.” there are so many references that can help you handle any situation that comes your way.
- “The Book Whisperer” by Donalyn Miller and Jeff Anderson
- “How to Reach and Teach Children with Challenging Behavior (K-8)” by Kaye Otten and Jodie Tuttle
- “The Energetic Brain” by Cecil R. Reynolds, Kimberly J. Vannest, Judith R. Harrison, et. al.
- “Every Child, Every Classroom, Every Day” by Robert Peterkin, Deborah Jewell-Sherman, Laura Kelley et. al.
- “Schools for All Kinds of Minds” by Mary-Dean Barringer, Craig Pohlman, Michele Robinson et. al.
Classroom Activities and Guides
Whatever subject you teach, there are always new resources to spark ideas for classroom activities that are engaging and effective. Make that smart board even more effective! Many of these guides even allow teachers to print activities for classroom use.
- “The Teacher’s Big Book of Graphic Organizers” by Katherine S. McKnight
- “Defining Twilight” by Brian Leaf
- “Math Wise! Over 100 Hands-On Activities that Promote Real Math Understanding, Grades K-8” by James L. Overholt and Laurie Kincheloe
- “Classrooms that Spark!” by Emma S. McDonald and Dyan M. Hershman
Technology and Education
Technology does extraordinary things for a classroom and opens up so many possibilities. Titles like “Education Nation” highlight some of the ways technology has enhanced classroom learning. On the flip side, every teacher knows those pesky cell phones can make unwanted appearances during class. “Teaching Generation Text” shares ways for teachers to repurpose the distraction as a learning tool!
- “Education Nation” by Milton Chen and George Lucas
- “Getting Smart” by Tom Vander Ark and Bob Wise
- “i-SAFE Internet Life Skills Activities” by iSafe
- “Teaching for Understanding with Technology” by Martha Stone Wiske, Kristi Rennebohm Franz and Lisa Breit
- “Teaching Generation Text” by Lisa Nielsen, Willyn Webb
Check out the entire list—entitled “Student & Teacher Resources: 30% Off”–in Content Reserve, and have a wonderful start to the new school year!
Bailey Hotujac is a Content Sales associate at OverDrive.