By: Rachel Woods, Librarian and Collection Development Analyst with OverDrive
Pssst… Yeah, you. Do you like to watch… videos? You do? Well, you’ve come to the right place! For those of you who may have missed last month’s post, this is our new Streaming Video blog post to highlight some of the new content we’ve gotten in the past month. Take a gander at these goodies!
- The Wrecking Crew* pulls back the curtain to reveal the skilled musicians who backed some of the biggest rock and pop groups of the 60s and 70s in the recording studios.
- Chocolate Perfection has Chef Michel Roux, Jr. tracing the rich history of chocolate, from its revered status as a drink of the Aztecs to its present creative confectionery capabilities.
- The Seat Filler has Duane Martin playing a seat filler at award ceremonies who falls for a pop star, played by Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child.
- Harmontown* follows Dan Harmon on a cross-country tour with his podcast.
- The Crush stars Cary Elwes as a reporter and Alicia Silverstone in her film debut as a teen with an unhealthy crush on Elwes.
- Life Itself* is the universally acclaimed film adaptation of Roger Ebert’s memoir of the same name.
- Black and White has a rookie cop (Rory Cochrane) paired with a tough veteran (Gina Gershon). They’re trying to track down a serial killer but the rookie gets some evidence that points towards his own partner.
- Antboy 3 is the final film in the Antboy trilogy. Antboy is preparing to leave the crime-fighting business when his nemesis, The Flea, is released from prison.
- Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic features interviews with members of Pryor’s family and comics speaking of the powerful impact that Pryor had on their careers.
What are you waiting for? Go stream some video!
If you have a Marketplace account, you can see the full list of new June titles here.
*denotes OverDrive staff recommended selections