Calling all librarians! Registration is open for Digipalooza 2013, and we want to see you in Cleveland this August 1-4 for our fourth international user group conference.
Interested in coming, but need help deciding if it’s right for you? Here are 10 reasons you should attend Digipalooza this year:
- The popularity of eBooks is not slowing down, and digital libraries are seeing record-breaking circulation. Planned sessions like “Digital Books: 2013 & Beyond” and “Big Data for Big Impact” examine this growth and share ways to better understand and serve your digital users.
- Learn how to maximize your return on your digital investment to meet your patrons’ high demand for eBooks, audiobooks and more.
- Rub shoulders with hundreds of fellow librarians—as well as publishers and Team OverDrive. Share your ideas and best practices during daily networking breaks.
- How do you make a digital collection “visible” to your library users or students? We’ll review some ways to increase discoverability using in-library innovations and marketing techniques.
- Participate in important discussions with industry experts who are on the front lines and top publishers who are providing content to libraries.
- Attract new users and keep existing visitors coming back to your digital collection through social networking, community outreach and other fresh promotional ideas from high-circulating libraries.
- We play as hard as we work! Join us Friday night at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum to celebrate digital media in the library. This exclusive Digipalooza party is included as a part of your conference fee, along with all program sessions, materials and meals.
- Looking for something to do before or after sessions? Start your day with our morning yoga sessions or get out Saturday night to explore Cleveland’s word-class foodie scene.
- Hear from OverDrive CEO Steve Potash as he breaks out his “crystal ball” to report on what’s new and next for digital media in the library market. During the last Crystal Ball Report, Steve shared a preview of the future of Kindle compatibility and talked about his vision of “eBooks everywhere,” which is now in action with OverDrive Read and other Next Generation services. Find out what’s coming next during this year’s big closing session!
- Don’t just take it from us. A 2011 Digipalooza attendee told us, “This was the best library conference I have ever attended, and I told our director that this is the only one I need to attend from now on.”
For even more reasons to bring your talents to Cleveland this August, check out “How will you benefit from attending Digipalooza?” at the official conference website. While you’re there, you can preview the full program, watch a 2011 highlights video and, of course, register to join us at Digipalooza 2013. Start tweeting now and join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #digip13.
We can’t wait to see you August 1-4 in beautiful Cleveland, Ohio!
Melissa Marin is a Marketing Specialist at OverDrive.