OverDrive Read and Listen are the easiest ways to enjoy content from your digital library website. Simply borow the title you want to enjoy and then starting reading (or listening) to them right in your browser. No downloads or apps necessary. Read (eBooks) and Listen (audiobooks) OverDrive Read and Listen recently had an update that will enhance the browser-based reading and listening experience for library users even more.
- Updated the menu icon.
- Changed “Readability Settings” to “Reading Settings” and updated its menu icon.
- Added sepia as a lighting option in “Reading Settings.”
- A sleep timer is now available. It’s set at 30 minutes by default, but can be changed based on the user’s preference. Simply swipe (or click and drag) to set a different time.
- Moved the playback speed control to the header. Click or tap the speedometer icon to adjust the speed.
- The header now simply includes the playback speed control, menu, and sleep timer for quick access to the most utilized features.
Relevant help articles have been updated at OverDrive Help. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your OverDrive Account Specialist.