What’s the number one way that users find out about your OverDrive digital collection? For many of our partners, the answer is through their main library website and catalog. Sharing information about your digital titles or adding MARC records to integrate your eBooks into your catalog can help users discover your ‘Virtual Library’. We also highly recommend adding a text or graphic that links to your collection. This is a quick, easy and free way to drive traffic to your eBooks.
We have a variety of sizes and designs of ready-made web graphics to choose from in the OverDrive Partner Portal, including:
- A small web graphic (180 x 150), encouraging users to click through and enjoy your eBooks:
- A graphic sized perfectly for use in email signature blocks* (250 x 116), inviting anyone that you email to ask you (and your staff) about eBooks. You can also hyperlink the graphic to to your digital collection to provide immediate access:
- A medium web graphic (300 x 250) letting users know that you have eBooks available for their smart phones and tablets:
- A large web graphic (500 x 300) to help generate excitement before launch about the digital titles coming soon:
- A graphic (729 x 90) that can be used as a ‘banner ad’ across the top of library pages, promoting your digital collection:
- Smaller options available for catalogs:
You can find these graphics and many more, including options for promoting additional formats (audiobooks, music and video) in the Partner Portal. Just click on Marketing & Outreach, choose your platform – library, school or academic – and select Web Graphics.
*Please note: Email signature block graphics may not be recognized by all email programs, as some people have settings that only allow text based messages to be received. Our suggested best practice would be to include a text link to your digital collection URL alongside the graphic, in addition to hyper-linking the image.