Educators #passthepassion for learning on to their students. It’s sort of the whole point of education done well. Most of us remember fondly a teacher or librarian who helped us discover a love of learning, of reading. It’s basically the job description. If we’re lucky we get at least one adult in our school journey who gets to know us, care for us and open our minds. They stretch our interests and skill just enough to expand our understanding of the world around us, and of our own abilities.
Launching during Teacher Appreciation Week, we want to highlight the conversation about how great teachers are made…by learning first. By inviting our partners and peers to join OverDrive Education’s Learn Something New campaign, we hope to explore and celebrate the way we pass on the love of learning. It’s also a fun way to win prizes.
Participate in Learn Something New
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for new prompts each week.
- Share your videos, posts and photos on how you’ve learned something new.
- Tag OverDrive Education and use #elearnsomething to win prizes. Each response gets an entry into a drawing for an OverDrive Education swag bag and other surprises, drawn weekly through May and June. Terms & Conditions apply.
Examples might include:
- Tell us about the book that made you a reader.
- Tell us about a time a student learned something new about himself.
- Tell us about a time you learned something new about using digital content in your classroom.
- Tell us about a time you learned something from a student.
- Tell us about a time a reluctant reader became a reader.
We hope you’ll participate to show students first you learn to read, then you read to learn.
We can’t wait to hear your stories!