This morning we officially re-launched Content Reserve collection development portal as OverDrive Marketplace, the most comprehensive platform for institutions to source premium, in-copyright digital materials for library, school and institutional lending. OverDrive Marketplace will continue to provide librarians instant access to discover, sample and buy best-selling eBooks, audiobooks, music and video across genres and publishing segments.
In addition to providing access to the largest available selection of digital content for libraries, OverDrive Marketplace will provide the following new features:
- New search performance and filters for formats, genres, age groups and more
- Compatible with all major PC & Mac browsers and Android and iPad tablets
- Instant preview and samples of eBooks, audiobooks, music and video
- Customizable collection development routines, including “Saved Searches”
- Direct integration with library lending platform for instant data on titles with holds, circulation statistics, and more
- Shopping and selection of materials by publisher access terms (i.e. ‘One Copy/One User’, ‘Metered Access’ and ‘Simultaneous Use’)
- MARC Express – Free MARC records delivered directly to your library (available late summer)
- K-12 educational cataloging data for schools and in support of literacy programs, including:
- Lexile reading levels
- Reading grade levels
- Accelerated Reader scores
- Cart Manager that enables selectors to create multiple “shopping carts” and collaborate with others with real-time information on title status by all users in the library.
If you’d like to familiarize yourself with these new updates, check out the new module on the Learning Center, which will be live on Friday. Team OverDrive will be demoing Marketplace, along with other Next Generation features at ALA in Chicago this weekend in booth #953.
Adam Sockel is a Marketing Communications Specialist at OverDrive