It’s February, and unless you’re Phil Connors, it’s the shortest month. By this time of year, users are getting the hang of those new devices they received for the holidays, the weather is (hopefully) showing signs of spring, and love is in the air.
To help you handle users’ support inquiries, the “Top 10 Support Solutions” support module—available as a webinar or as slides in our Learning Center—is a handy resource. The tutorial covers issues that you can resolve on your own, including:
- Reset downloads (after user clicks “Download” too many times)
- User forgot their PIN/ Library card is blocked
- User cannot find their holds
- Content issues that can’t be duplicated
- Send titles to Kindle device or app
The tutorial also specifies issues that you’ll need to forward on to OverDrive Support Services, namely:
- Remove a title/ swap format requests
- Merge library cards
- Move a user to the top of the waiting list
- Clear Adobe ID credentials from a title
- Content issues that can be duplicated (audiobooks missing parts, download contains incorrect content)
To submit a request with OverDrive Support Services, click the “Support” tab in Content Reserve, where you’ll be able to provide the info we need to resolve the issue ASAP. Once we receive the request, we’ll respond within 24 hours (usually 2-4 hours).
Justin Noszek is a Support Specialist at OverDrive.